Covid-19 Guidance for players
Guidance reminder for Players at the Club
Court and clubhouse availability
- The courts will be available to book from 8.00am through to 9.00pm (last session bookable is 8.00pm).
- The floodlights will be available via the booking system with external switch on as per pre-lockdown.
- You will need to be a member to play and book a court. Members are able to bring visitors to the club. Visitors must sign in the visitors book which will be left on the table by the entrance door. Payment must be made electronically with a reference of VIS+name of member. We would remind people that visitors can play up to 6 times in any one year.
- PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN ENTERING THE CLUBHOUSE. The clubhouse will be open when a member of the coaching staff or a key holder from the Executive Committee is at the club. Only the toilets will be available for use. Please use your facilities at home for changing etc. When using the toilets please ensure only one person enters the toilets at a time and you wash our hands/use sanitiser (as per Government guidelines).
- The kitchen and bar area will not be open – please bring your own drinks, and do not share food or drink with others.
- The courts will be padlocked after the last session of the day and opened at 8.00am.
- Players should avoid touching surfaces as far as possible. If players need to touch benches, gates, fences or padlocks please use sanitiser after contact or wash hands after contact.
Maintain Social Distancing
- Stay at least two metres away from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five).
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it.
- Bring all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats and towels).
- Only bring the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use.
- Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials).
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours - use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court.
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court.